The dynamism of academic life spills out of the classrooms. It is a credit to the
mental and intellectual focus of the students that many of the clubs are extensions of their academic and career
aspirations. There are several annual ‘fests’ and entertainment events organized by the institution every year.
Students’ clubs provide a forum for interaction among themselves and the outside world events, however varied,
it may be formal or informal, but brings out the passion in youngsters and develop their organizational skills.
The clubs bring about a good balance of work, fun and leisure activities and ensure the all round development
Importance of Student Clubs :
Students’ Clubs are the main hub of student activity. They provide an outlet and a stage for the creative juices of young minds and hearts. The clubs give you the chance to apply classroom learning in the outside world. This helps you to gain invaluable leadership as well as life skills. In addition to connecting other students who have similar interests, students’ clubs make students to interact with alumni and professionals in their fields of interest.
Benefits of Students Clubs:
• Students’ clubs enrich your experience, create a diverse community, encourage involvement, and provide opportunities for students to build valuable skills.
• This helps you to build formal and informal networks while exploring career opportunities.
• Open to all students, these clubs organize programs, events, and meetings throughout the academic year. Clubs listed here are officially recognized.
The following are the various Clubs in the college
• Arts & Cultural Club
• MITS Social Responsibility Club
• Sports Club
• Tech Club
• Yoga & Meditation Club
• SAE India Collegiate Club
• Innovation Society
Arts & Cultural Club
“Art is not what you see but what you make others see”.
With this belief in mind, MITS endeavors to showcase life as they see it through the eyes of art. Arts and Cultural Club is an ambitious, all-inclusive one. It is a tempting, artistic, beautiful meeting-place for anybody with passion. The clubs’ mission is to bring out the hidden talents among students and also provide them a stage where they can showcase their arts and cultural talent and interest. The club provides lot of opportunities in the form of competitions and workshops for igniting the spark of interest present in the budding technocrats and honing their skills towards showcasing their talents.
• Food Festival
• Arts Week
• Rangoli Festival
• Naach and Gaaoo Day
• Dialogue Delivery
MITS Social Responsibility Club
To awakening the inner person with spirit of service for the betterment of society and to inculcate mutual helpingness among the people.
Social service oriented activities that makes people understand the society.
Activities* Green campus
* Clean campus
* Water & electricity save
* Support orphans
* Support schools
* Awareness on social issues
* Visiting villages
* Support during medical emergency
* Health awareness programs
* Blood information
Sports club encourages students to develop their sports skills in various outdoor and indoor games like Football, Handball, Tennis, Cricket, Ball Badminton, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Athletics, Chess, Carom Board, Table Tennis, Shuttle Badminton, Physical Fitness Program (will be conducted in Gym), Weight Lifting. Our college has grounds and equipment for each of these sports. The club also encourages the students to participate in Inter College and Intramural College sports competitions.
Football, Tennis, Cricket, Handball, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Shuttle Badminton, Ball Badminton, Throw Ball, Tennikoit and Athletics.
Chess, Carom Board and Table Tennis
For the all-round development of the students and to enrich their technical knowledge the institute provides a platform for various students’ activities. This club envisages conducive platform to explore student’s latent talents and also to enable them to come out with their innovative ideas.
The students are encouraged to become the member of Tech Club to help broaden their skills and horizons. The Tech Club not only help the students explore their hidden talent but also help in areas such as personality development and inculcating in the students the spirit of organization by providing them with a platform for hosting their technical talents.
The focus of the tech club primarily is to help the students gain practical as well as theoretical technical knowledge. Students are provided with an opportunity to implement what they learn in their respective class rooms.
Activities under Tech Club
• Conducting technical events such as symposiums, Quizzes, Model exhibitions.
• Organizing Guest Lectures.
• Industry Visits to provide students an insight regarding internal working of companies.
Yoga & Meditation Club
Yoga and meditation club helps in understanding the physical and psychical controls whose aim is to make practitioner aware of the identity of Atma (soul) and Brahman (supreme soul). Yoga and meditation club not only provides health, vigour, brightness and alertness to the body and mind, it also fills the life with satisfaction, happiness and pleasure. The Main objective of the club is to reduces tension, stress, anxiety, weakness, helplessness, fear, negative thoughts etc. which are increased day by day in this mechanical human life
• Conducts yoga and meditation training classes
• Organizes guest lectures on spiritual education and ethical values
• Conducts competitions related yoga and meditation
• Renders services such as yoga classes, donations and awareness programs to needy people
Film Makers Club
This Film Makers Club is open to all students interested in making, directing, filming, acting in, or editing student films and photography in our campus.
Our goal is to bring together students who are interested in film and filmmaking in order to encourage and provide support and guidance for student filmmaking, photography interests and activities.
• To encourage and motivate the creating aspirants in MITS.
• To bring together students from all backgrounds, with all kinds of interests and areas of expertise, and allow them to work in the field of their interest and hone their skills in video production.
• Our club intends to encourage students in the field of dramatics by enacting plays, making short films and thereby enabling students to develop their interpersonal skills.
• Coming up with different stage shows and short films at a constant basis.
• Organizing various short film competitions as well as stage shows showcasing acting talent.
• Preparing a firm editing team and a good team.
• Making short films on society and environmental issues.
• Learning both about film and film-making.
• To engage the students in a common interest of photography.
• To spot the shots that shows the defects in nature and in students.
• To get promote the college in films by conducting contests on short film.
• The camera for short film has to be brought by student.
• Our College Short films will be promoted in Social Media.
Joining in our club might expose you to new genres, directors and pictures you’ve never heard of before. You may also get to work on your own feature that will be screened to the rest of the student body.
All stages of film making are completely student-run, from writing screenplays to final editing.
NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!
To anyone who is interested in filmmaking: come join the best filmmaking club on campus! See you on the big screen!
Collegiate Club of MITS
We are the most preferred technical body for knowledge dissemination and skill development of mobility professionals,students, and faculty.
We are a trusted think-tank advising policymakers on Mobility related matters.
We are a self sustaining society with more than 10% of mobility professionals as members.
We are a nimble and professional organization creating value for Mobility Engineering community.
Future Activities* SUPRA SAE INDIA is India’s top most student Formula Car event (sponsored by Maruthi Suzuki) which gives a real platform to student to test their engineering skill and refine them by learning from their little mistakes.
* BAJA SAE INDIA is an Off-Road competition (Mahindra & Mahindra) which encourages undergraduate students to apply their knowledge and skills to build an off-road buggy (car).
* ELECTRIC TWO WHEELER DESIGN COMPETITION(E-BIKE):tasks the students to think laterally in building the future mobility i.e. Electric vehicle
* AERO Design challenge.
* Webinars, Workshops on Automobiles
Become a globally recognized research and academic institution
Innovation club at MITS encourages and supports research activities to achieve the vision of the institute
Motivating students to come up with novel ideas and developing those ideas with the help of intellectuals
Activating the Innovation with Incubation Provides Opportunity to the students to Explore themselves in the world of Innovation
Future Activities* Internal Hackthon in MITS for Smart India Hackthon 2020
* Idea Competition 2020
* Awareness Program for Innovative Ideas and Competitions
* Design Thinking Workshop 2020